3.08.2010

It was froggy today

You know a lot of people are hating on the Oscar nom for best cinematography and I feel some of it may be unwarranted. Correct me if I'm wrong but the definition is for 'artistic and technical achievement in cinematography'...yeah yeah even though Avatar was only 30% live action or what have you the stereoscopic format in which it was shot was a visual gamechanger. I can understand why it was awarded. Somewhat.

Things are slow this week. So when this happens I typically resort to e-mailing people like crazy, looking around for work and grinding online poker all day long. It's been going fairly well as of late -- I cashed out my entire bankroll last fall and threw $10 on a whim while bored one day in Hong Kong and have since built it back up. I might cash out again as with this free time from now into the forseeable future I want to take a trip to NYC. Because I never have, and I was so close to last December. I was hired on a shoot in Newark and when the plane landed we turned on our phones to find the shoot had been cancelled in mid-air. Talk about your

B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-BUZZKILLLLSSSSSSSSSS

so I haven't gotten an opportunity to go back since and I figure I might as well do it on my own for a couple days if I have the time. Nothing's in stone though the idea's just in the germinating stages.

My project for this week is to paint my bedroom. Yes, it may be a little late but I guess I'm tired of the white walls. Plus it will be something to occupy some time so I don't feel like an oaf.

Speaking of oafing I had a solid run today. Felt really great about it.

That's all I got, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment