7.29.2010

Alright gonna type out a quick blog because John Skach told me to. I'm sure thousands have been waiting for this as well. I don't feel I merit a blog most of the time, or I don't feel stuff that happens to me or I do is all that interesting I suppose. Maybe it is and I'm just lazy.

Well shit where to start it's been a while since my last update now...I've been on and off busy with work. Wish I were busier for the summer won't lie, but I'm doing alright. Gaffed a Jose Cuervo spot yesterday...it's going to be an interactive web ad where you'll see a boring scene with a couple of guys who are bored, then if you click and pull the shot glass into the video area it abruptly changes into this party that is like TOTALLY FRESH YO with babes, awesome lighting effects, DJs, pandas, bubbles et al. It was actually a pretty fun shoot creatively with the big lighting switches. For how insane the schedule was I think we pulled off some great looking stuff with the time we had.

It was a great shoot and met a bunch of cool new people. However it was easily the hottest set I've ever been on, let alone the hottest I have ever been in my entire life for a sustained period of time. I mean it's mid July and we were on the top of a three story walkup with no a/c and running a bunch of 1k and 2k tungsten heads. It was easily, EASILY 110+ degrees up there. I was soaked with sweat all the way through, I mean completely drenched in my own fluids. It was disgusting. Sweat was dripping off my shorts and pooling on the ground around my feet because my clothes were so saturated. It looked and felt as if I had just decided to jump in the lake for a quick minute. My wallet is completely destroyed, everything that was non-plastic inside of it is completely ruined. Did you go to the bathroom at all yesterday? Cool. I did not.

There's a couple other projects coming up, there's a very slim chance I might be going to India (I put it around 25%) for a few weeks but if not that there is a feature Wes is likely shooting most of September that I may be gaffing if I don't end up going to the far east. We shall see.

Still grinding away the microstakes at Pokerstars. Honestly I thought I would have moved up by now but where I had a phenomenal month in May, June and July have not proved as nice to me. My bankroll is sitting at ~$2100 which I guess is a feat in itself as back in May it was ~$400. Once I get to $2500 I'll start mixing in some $12/180s until then I'm still grinding the $2/180s and $3-$6/45s and trying to learn and comprehend correct shoving spots and ICM a little more.

Well I hope this satisfies all my avid blog followers up there, and hopefully it will be a span of a few days and not months before my next entry.

1 comment: